Alassia NewShips Management Inc. is committed to provide world-class ship management services that meet or exceed safety and environmental requirements as well as, customer's expectations, and to conduct its operations in a manner which protects safety, human health, quality of the provided services, the environment and the property.
Alassia’s Code of Ethics:
The Code of Ethics and Discipline is based on Company's beliefs and values establishing its commitment to honesty and integrity. They make the fundamental values and principles, which guide the activities of the Company, known within the Organization and its managed vessels and to all agents, contractors, suppliers and other third parties Company cooperates with.
All activities ashore and on-board are in line with our Policies and objectives which are reviewed whenever necessary in order to ensure that they remain valid.
The below policies are being embraced by all shore and sea-going personnel:
- Safety Policy: The Company is committed to provide safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment for ensuring prevention of human injury or loss of life, welfare of employees and avoidance of any adverse impact on property and its goal is to achieve ZERO accidents through continuous improvement.
- Quality Policy: The Company is committed to provide quality services which consistently and continuously meet the requirements of its customers.
- Environmental Policy: The Company is committed to improve environmental performance in all areas of vessels operation and its long-term goals are to achieve ZERO incidents and ZERO spills at sea through continuous improvement.
- Energy Efficiency Management Policy: The Company is committed to always promote energy efficiency awareness through training to the shore and sea-going personnel and implement energy related Campaigns and other personnel incentive/motivating programs, aiming to a continual energy efficiency improved performance.
- Health and Hygiene Policy: The Company is committed to always ensure that all employees execute their work under healthy and hygienic conditions and its goal is to achieve the highest standards of health and personal hygiene through continuous improvement.
- Drug & Alcohol Policy: The Company has banned all alcoholic beverages from the managed vessels (ZERO alcohol policy). Also, any form of drug is prohibited except of prescribed drugs, as well as the misuse of legitimate drugs.
- Social Media Policy: This policy aims at assisting our seafarers in making responsible decisions about the way they use the social media . It prohibits postings that might have discriminatory remarks, harassment and threats of violence. It also gives guidelines for a more prudent use of the internet and their postings.
- Antibribery Policy: Our company follows strict rules on anti-bribery, money laundering and corruption. Any kind of offer, gift or bribe in any form direct or indirect, including kickbacks, is strongly prohibited in all company’s operations. Every supplier with whom we do business, is informed of our anti-bribery practices via the Procureship platform.
- Cyber Security Policy: The Company is committed to enforce the behaviours mandated by this Policy, monitor and increase employees’ awareness to verify their familiarization with potential threats, focus on security training and train employees on strategies necessary to prevent or respond to threats.