Alassia strives to remain abreast of commercial and technological developments. To that end, we are members and active participants of the following organisations:
- Rightship: set up by major charterers, RightShip "offers the commercial shipping industry a comprehensive Ship Vetting Information System whose goal is to promote safety and efficiency in the global maritime industry"
- BIMCO: a shipping association whose main objective is "to facilitate the commercial operations of its membership by means of developing standard contracts and clauses, and providing quality information, advice, and education"
- Intercargo: an association of dry bulk shipowners, whose main role is "to actively participate in the development of global legislation through the IMO and other similar bodies in order to ensure that shipping operates safely, efficiently, environmentally and profitably"
- CYMEPA: Cyprus marine sector's voluntary marine environment protection association
Furthermore, in addition to customary ship-management company accreditations, in an attempt to implement standards of efficiency and effectiveness in our day-to-day operations, Alassia has adopted the below voluntary standards, for which accreditation has been obtained from Lloyd's Register:
- ISO 9001: Quality Management
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 50001: Energy Management