Alassia strives to remain abreast of commercial and technological developments. To that end, we are members and active participants of the following organisations:
- Rightship: set up by major charterers, RightShip "offers the commercial shipping industry a comprehensive Ship Vetting Information System whose goal is to promote safety and efficiency in the global maritime industry"
- BIMCO: a shipping association whose main objective is "to facilitate the commercial operations of its membership by means of developing standard contracts and clauses, and providing quality information, advice, and education"
- Intercargo: an association of dry bulk shipowners, whose main role is "to actively participate in the development of global legislation through the IMO and other similar bodies in order to ensure that shipping operates safely, efficiently, environmentally and profitably"
- CYMEPA: Cyprus marine sector's voluntary marine environment protection association
HELMEPA: the Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association
AMVER: is a worldwide voluntary reporting system sponsored by the United States Coast Guard . It is a computer-based global ship-reporting system used worldwide by search and rescue authorities to arrange for assistance to persons in distress at sea.
NEPTUNE DECLARATION: The Neptune Declaration, signed by more than 850 organizations, outlines the main actions that need to be taken to resolve the crew change crisis.
Poseidon Principles Association: is governed by a set of rules which provide guidance to existing and prospective Signatories on the processes for the management, administration and development of the Poseidon Principles stablish a global framework for assessing and disclosing whether ship finance portfolios align with the International Maritime Organisation's (“IMO”) goal of reducing shipping's total annual greenhouse gas emissions by at least 50% by 2050
EEE: The union of Greek shipowners
CUS: The Union of Cypriot shipowners
Furthermore, in addition to customary ship-management company accreditations, in an attempt to implement standards of efficiency and effectiveness in our day-to-day operations, Alassia has adopted the below voluntary standards, for which accreditation has been obtained from Lloyd's Register:
- ISO 9001: Quality Management
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management
- ISO 50001: Energy Management